NoLimits 2 is released. It is done. Believe it or not. We successfully launched the Windows version last weekend. The NoLimits Development Team hopes you will like it and have a lot of fun with it. Visit nolimitscoaster.com to download the free NoLimits 2 Demo.
After over 8 years of development, numerous burnouts, adding of countless features that were originally not planned, and 670,000 lines of code, we are proud to announce the official release date of NoLimits 2, finally.
The NoLimits Development Team wishes all NoLimits users a Happy New Year 2014. Only 10 days left until the product will launch.
The NoLimits Development Team wishes all NoLimits users a Merry Christmas. The last days were exhausting, but NoLimits 2 is coming soon.. Let's all rest a couple of days before hitting the finish line. Enjoy the video...
We are finishing up all the help files, demo parks, and other things right now. Lots of features mean there is a lot to document and take care of. Kevin meanwhile has created a casual preview video showing the editor in action.
Here is an incomplete list of features you see in the video.
- New logo and start screen
- Speed indicator comb
- Automatic roll feature (to reduce lateral forces)
- Section borders are independent from track vertex data
- Rotation tool
- Depumping tool
- Various terrain editing tools
- New Timberliner coaster style (with permission from The Gravity Group, LLC)
Here are more details about the upcoming release. We are in the final stage now and close to release. Most of the critical bugs have been fixed. All the features are done. All that is left is create the manual and demo tracks/parks.
Here is an incomplete list of features you see in the screenshots.
- New wooden coaster track (with bump mapping, specular mapping, reflection mapping)
- Improved wooden catwalks
- Improved and retextured wooden coaster trains
- Improved generated wooden supports (layered with offsets)
- Realistic wooden coaster bent spacing
- Realistic wooden support beam sizes
- Park with multiple coasters
- Dynamic day-time simulation
- Experimental Depth of field effect
- Automatically generated dual station (will detect parallel station tracks)
- Special dual station switch for Flying Dutchman coaster (and other coasterstyles using same track)
Here is some information about the differences between standard and professional license. It will be possible to upgrade from the standard license to the professional license. The upgrade price will be US $59.99.
|Standard License||Professional License|
|Allowed to use screenshots or|
videos for commercial usage
|Maximum Video output size||720x576||1920x1080|
|Video motionblur effect||No||Yes|
|nolimitscoaster URL watermark||Yes||No|
|Transparent background screenshots||No||Yes|
|Password protection for tracks||No||Yes|
|Price||US $45.99||US $99.99|
Kevin has created a video showing another example of what is possible with the scripting. He created a scenery object and a script that will attach the scenery object dynamically to the coaster car. The scenery object contains an animated texture effect.
* Poster screenshots are special screenshots with very large resolutions. The program will automatically create anti-aliased high resolution screenshots with optimal quality (without levels of detail). Here is an example.[ol]